Forums
Shkodra -Lajme - Forum - Chat - Muzik - Radio -Video - TV :: Forums :: Temat Shoqërore - Shkencat :: Histori

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Millosh kopili
Moderators: :::ShkoderZemer, SuperGirl, babo, ⓐ-ⓒⓐⓣ, Edmond-Cela, ::bud::, ~*Christel*~, Al Bundy, :IROLF:, ::albweb::, OLIVE OYL
Author Post
scutari82
Fri May 30 2008, 02:23PM

Registered Member #1503

me falni sepse asht ne anglisht po vetem dehsta me tregu disa fakte permbi millosh kopilin i cili vrau sulltan muratin ne 1389 ne betejen e fushekosoves

A Serb historian, Dragutin Kostic, analyzes the name and origin of Murat's assassin at the Battle of Kosovo in 1389:

Obilic means Son of Plenty in Serbian (Obilj).

There is of course some controversy about Obiliq's real name, which until the late 19th century was spelled Kobiliq. The K was then dropped since Kobiliq means Son of the Mare in Serbian. However in the only contemporary Kosovo documents, which were Turkish, the name was Kopiliq (Son of the Bastard in Serbian). The alternative is that Kopiliq was Albanian, Kopil meaning child in Albanian.

Dragutin, Kostic, "Milos Kopilic — Kobilic — Obilic," Revue Internationale des etudes balkaniques, 1935, I, pp. 232-254.

According to Kostic, the absence of the hero’s name from Serbian docments may be attributed to the chroniclers’ habit of mentioning merely names of well-known nobles. Evidently, Milos did not come from a prominent family.

The Balkan word Kopil (non-Slavic) is considered by F. Miklosic (Etym Worterb. d. Slav. Spr.) and by Skok (Juznoslav Fil XII p. 142) as being of Albanian origin. In Albanian it also has the meaning of smart, skilled. Kostic has indicated two localities by that name.

Surprisingly, Kostic attributes also to the first name of the hero an Illyro-Albanian ongin. Duje Rendic-Miosevic has shown clear evidence that some old Croatian names have an Illyrian origin: e.g. Licca, Pleto (Illyr. = Liccavus, Pletor), among many others (see D. Rendk-Miocevic, "Prilog proucavanju nase ranosredovjecne onomastike," Starohrvatska pros vj eta, ser. III, 1949, 1, pp.9-21). Considering that the Illyrians inhabited the Dalmatian coast before the coming of the Slavs, this fact might seem perfectly normal—the very name of Dalmatia is of Illyrian origin. But to attribute to Milos, which has eventually become so popular a name among the Slavs seems curious. Yet Kostic remarks that the name does not appear in Serbian documents before the 13th century and even then is not used by people of high rank. Kostic argues that Milos may be the Slavized form of the Albanian mir and osh. Kostic links the suffix osh (and ush) to Albanian. He points out that it is added to adjectives; thus bardb-bardbosh; kuq-kuqalosh; vogel-voglush, voglosh. The suffix is also used with names; thus Belush, Tanush, Mirush, etc.

Obilic’s hypersensitiveness to suspicions expressed by others as to his word of honor (besa), also reveals, in Kostic’s opinion, his Albanian origin. Finally, Kostic refers to Elezovic who has pointed out the cult professed by the Albanians for Obilic.

trokit ketu
Milos Kopilic, on the battle of Kosova - A famous serbian drawing...

[ Edited Wed Jul 02 2008, 11:09AM ]
belgium
Fri May 30 2008, 02:27PM

Registered Member #1142

scutari82 ka shkruar:

me falni sepse asht ne anglisht po vetem dehsta me tregu disa fakte permbi millosh kopilin i cili vrau sulltan muratin ne 1389 ne betejen e fushekosoves

A Serb historian, Dragutin Kostic, analyzes the name and origin of Murat's assassin at the Battle of Kosovo in 1389:

Obilic means Son of Plenty in Serbian (Obilj).

There is of course some controversy about Obiliq's real name, which until the late 19th century was spelled Kobiliq. The K was then dropped since Kobiliq means Son of the Mare in Serbian. However in the only contemporary Kosovo documents, which were Turkish, the name was Kopiliq (Son of the Bastard in Serbian). The alternative is that Kopiliq was Albanian, Kopil meaning child in Albanian.

Dragutin, Kostic, "Milos Kopilic — Kobilic — Obilic," Revue Internationale des etudes balkaniques, 1935, I, pp. 232-254.

According to Kostic, the absence of the hero’s name from Serbian docments may be attributed to the chroniclers’ habit of mentioning merely names of well-known nobles. Evidently, Milos did not come from a prominent family.

The Balkan word Kopil (non-Slavic) is considered by F. Miklosic (Etym Worterb. d. Slav. Spr.) and by Skok (Juznoslav Fil XII p. 142) as being of Albanian origin. In Albanian it also has the meaning of smart, skilled. Kostic has indicated two localities by that name.

Surprisingly, Kostic attributes also to the first name of the hero an Illyro-Albanian ongin. Duje Rendic-Miosevic has shown clear evidence that some old Croatian names have an Illyrian origin: e.g. Licca, Pleto (Illyr. = Liccavus, Pletor), among many others (see D. Rendk-Miocevic, "Prilog proucavanju nase ranosredovjecne onomastike," Starohrvatska pros vj eta, ser. III, 1949, 1, pp.9-21). Considering that the Illyrians inhabited the Dalmatian coast before the coming of the Slavs, this fact might seem perfectly normal—the very name of Dalmatia is of Illyrian origin. But to attribute to Milos, which has eventually become so popular a name among the Slavs seems curious. Yet Kostic remarks that the name does not appear in Serbian documents before the 13th century and even then is not used by people of high rank. Kostic argues that Milos may be the Slavized form of the Albanian mir and osh. Kostic links the suffix osh (and ush) to Albanian. He points out that it is added to adjectives; thus bardb-bardbosh; kuq-kuqalosh; vogel-voglush, voglosh. The suffix is also used with names; thus Belush, Tanush, Mirush, etc.

Obilic’s hypersensitiveness to suspicions expressed by others as to his word of honor (besa), also reveals, in Kostic’s opinion, his Albanian origin. Finally, Kostic refers to Elezovic who has pointed out the cult professed by the Albanians for Obilic.

trokit ketu
Milos Kopilic, on the battle of Kosova - A famous serbian drawing...

shqip akeni se nuk dijm english plese?ose francaiz?, thanx!

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF